This August 18–21, experience the most significant total solar eclipse to traverse America in 99 years—in conjunction with an all-inclusive weekend of space, science, history, magic, astrology and photography presentations from leading experts.
Spend the weekend with amazing guest speakers in Oregon, including:
- Dr. Lawrence M. Krauss, a renowned theoretical physicist, leading public intellectual, former Yale Astronomy professor, and founder of the ASU Origins Project
- Dr. Alexander Boxer, plasma physicist, astrolabe aficionado, and author of the upcoming book: “A Scheme of Heaven: A Modern Look at the History and Science of Astrology”
- Craig Martin, an illusionist with over 25 years of experience who will give our trip his magic touch just before the shadow of the moon appears
- Eric Schwarz, a cosmic yogi flying in all the way from Australia for this event to make sure our minds and bodies are in interplanetary alignment
- Photography experts, and much, much more
Gaze upon the magical “Great American Eclipse,” bringing travelers from around the globe for a few precious hours of orbital awe. After a weekend of activities and presentations for all ages, we will see stars and planets in the darkened sky just an hour south of Portland, Oregon. We have secured two otherworldly opportunities in the path of totality for you:
- Enjoy an all-inclusive weekend of camping on a privately owned tulip farm, with incredible views of both Mount Hood and Mount St. Helens.
- Delight in family-friendly activities and bucolic pleasures! These include tractor rides, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, archery, arts and crafts, wine tastings, beer brewing, beekeeping and honeycombing, campfires, bluegrass jam sessions, yoga, and even a Solar Eclipse 5K.
- Taste Oregon-ic food and farm-to-table dinners—and s’mores nights by the fire. Get an overview of farming including grass seed, sweet corn, pumpkins, tulips, grapes, hops and hemp crops—as we spend the weekend in the farmlands and among lush vineyards.
- Behold the Total Solar Eclipse on Monday morning. An event like this won’t occur again in the U.S. in our lifetimes. Eclipse-viewing glasses will be shared before we observe the two-hour spectacle from our prime viewing location.
- After the awe-inspiring, knee-weakening, emotionally-overwhelming, breathtaking spectacle of aligned celestial bodies, return to Portland for sightseeing or head homeward.
- Explore Portland in style with three nights of king suite accommodations at the award-winning River’s Edge Hotel & Spa. Nestled on the banks of the Willamette River, this upscale hotel is a short walk from the heart of downtown.
- Feed your curiosity with private keynote presentations and lectures by leading experts.
- Witness the total eclipse of the sun over North America Monday morning from the tulip farm in the path of totality.
- After the mesmerizing phenomenon of seeing the sun’s streaming corona with the naked eye, return to Portland and depart for home.
Don’t miss the Total Solar Eclipse 2017—Join us!
Tulip Farm Camping Details and Pricing
- Arrival and Departure: We recommend that you fly into Portland no later than 10 AM on Saturday, August 19. We will have group transfers at 11 AM and 1 PM from downtown Portland (about a 25-minute taxi ride from the Portland airport) to the tulip farm in Woodburn, Oregon. After the eclipse in the path of totality, we will return to Portland in time for flights departing after 5 PM on Monday, August 21. If those times don’t work for your schedule, we can help you arrange alternative transfers.
- Admission: Two nights and three days at the private tulip farm from Saturday to Monday are included, August 19–21. $695 per person, $299 for children under 12 if accompanied by an adult.
- Camping Extension: Friday or Monday night camping, August 18 or August 21, is an optional $99 extension.
- Accommodations: You may bring your own camping gear, or it can be rented for an additional cost. Full camp rental and set-up for a two-person tent and two private sleeping bags and pads is $99 per person for two nights. Private tent rental and set-up with one sleeping bag and pad is $149 per person for two nights. All rented camping gear will be set-up and ready upon arrival. Please bring your own pillow. The tulip farm is a dry camping facility, without showers.
- Meals: All camping passes include two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners, including tax and gratuity, and one glass of wine or beer at each dinner. Additional wine and beer will be available for purchase all weekend long.
- Inclusions: All camping passes include keynote presentations in the speaker series listed above—featuring space, science, astrology, and photography experts—two nights of live music, a cosmic magic show, one yoga class per day, solar glasses for safe eclipse viewing, round-trip group transportation from Portland to the tulip farm, and bus driver gratuities.
River’s Edge Hotel & Spa Details and Pricing
- Arrival and Departure: Check-in at the River’s Edge Hotel & Spa is 4 PM on Friday, August 18. You are welcome to arrive at your leisure Friday evening. We will have a dinner and welcome reception beginning at 8 PM. After the eclipse in the path of totality, we will return to Portland in time for flights departing after 5 PM on Monday, August 21.
- Admission: Three nights and four days at the River’s Edge Hotel & Spa are included Friday night to Monday morning, August 18–21. $1499 per person, double occupancy. $2098 per person, single occupancy. $399 for children under 12 if accompanied by an adult, in room with extra roll-away bed and full program.
- Accommodations: This limited availability option includes deluxe, king suite accommodations for three nights at the River’s Edge Hotel & Spa, Friday through Monday, plus special spa discounts.
- Meals: All hotel passes include the Friday welcome reception and dinner featuring local wines and beers, two breakfasts, one lunch Saturday, one dinner Sunday, and recommendations and reservation assistance so you can enjoy some of the best restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
- Inclusions: All hotel passes include keynote presentations in the speaker series listed above—featuring private lectures at the hotel from space, science, astrology, and photography experts—a private cosmic magic show, passes to see “Totality” at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry’s planetarium, one cosmic yoga class, solar glasses for safe eclipse viewing, and information on all the special happenings around Portland that weekend, easily accessible from the hotel. Finally, includes round-trip group transportation from Portland to the private tulip farm early on Monday morning to see the eclipse in totality, as well as bus driver gratuities.
Itineraries and pricing are subject to change. This particular tour has been designed with specific events and lectures in mind, and schedules and availabilities may change in coming months. If any activity or person that is advertised is missed or not available, it will be replaced with an activity or person of equal interest and value.
We chose our location because the area south of Portland, Oregon tends to have dry, blue skies in August, and according to weather data, has one of the best chances of good visibility along the path of totality. We cannot guarantee the weather, and no refunds will be possible under any conditions. All scheduled events and activities will proceed rain or shine so long as they do not threaten the safety of participants.
A final itinerary and briefing packet will be ready in the weeks prior to the trip. All reservations are final and subject to our cancellation policy. By submitting your payment, you agree to the Terms & Conditions.
Please contact Char at email@example.com or +1 (202) 368-9212 with any questions about the itinerary, logistics, and payment.
We hope you join us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!