Thank you for your interest in joining Insider Expeditions! Please check back for future positions, and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be on our list.
Join our team! | Part-time | Contract Based
We are a boutique travel company that creates and delivers customized travel programs for our partners and clients worldwide. We specialize in working with young professional groups, university groups, alumni associations, membership institutions, and bands of adventurers that want to get off the beaten path and enjoy an exceptional, educational, awesome travel experience.
IE is seeking a new tour leader to be a creative and trusted part of our team, and who will help execute incredible travel itineraries to destinations around the world. Reports to the Senior Trip Director and the CEO.
Key skills: Calling all highly motivated, hard-working, organized self-starters! Attributes we look for are keen attention to detail, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, trustworthiness, positive attitude, flexibility, and a passion for international travel.
Requirements: Minimum 2–4 years in event execution, travel planning, tour guiding, or related fields. Foreign language competency a plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with work experience, plus incentive bonus structure. Part-time contract position. This position is an entire trip and contract based position. A successful candidate will travel with each group they lead.
Perks: Travel to destinations such as Bhutan, China, Cuba, Germany, Iceland, Morocco, Peru, Chile, Kyrgyzstan, and across the US. Gain mentorship from—and work closely with—executive leadership of IE, including the founder and CEO, as an important player of a nimble, successful and growing operation. Involves international travel opportunities.
Equal Opportunity: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead Domestic and International Travel Programs
- Communicate with customers and clients by phone, email, and in person. Provide an outstanding travel experience from initial trip inquiry to post-trip evaluation—meeting challenges with a smile and sense of adventure!
- Set and manage traveler expectations.
- Liaise between local partners and client representatives.
- Be available to program participants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, when the program is in session.
- Stay in close touch with managers when abroad.
- Provide for the safety and well-being of its program participants in a consistent and predictable way for the wellbeing of travelers and to limit Insider Expedition’s legal liabilities.
- Produce post trip summary of activities and finances.
- Assess risks and safety conditions of on the ground conditions.
- With input from local partners, adjust itinerary based on local availability.
- Maintain daily expenditure records.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references (including contact information) to email@example.com, with the subject line: Tour Leader Position. We hope to hear from you!